Last year I went by the rule that I could only buy 40% of what I knit up, but I could get gifts and use free days apart from this. This lead to a minor stash reduction (~800g) and a stash quality improvement which I am quite pleased with.
This year I’ll do something different, though. Part of my stash improvement was to shop for specific projects, so that I now have yarn for several planned upcoming projects. Consequently, my Stashalong 2008 will be project-based: I’ll be knitting a number of projects from my stash:
- Amimono Oak (WIP)
- Colette Pullover from IK Winter 07 (WIP)
- Cabled Pullover from Norah Gaughan’s Knitting Nature (WIP)
- EZ Kangaroo Pouch from red/pink/heather stash
- Cardigan in red Posh Yarn Eva 2-ply (laceweight silk/cashmere)
- Solen from Marianne Isager’s Japan (Danish book)
- Karpen from Marianne Isager’s Japan (Danish book)
- Red Bubble Pullover
- EZ February Baby Sweater
- EZ Baby Surprise Jacket
- Gentleman’s Fancy Socks (Nancy Bush’s Vintage Socks) in purple-brown-black Admiral degradé
- Socks in purple Arwetta
I think I’ll go with 12 projects in 12 months. Not that I have to finish a project every month, but I think it is an appropriate number. I am allowed to change the projects on the above list. I think I’ll revise the list in June or July to see if I should add more projects. Any project that I knit from my stash will count in my Stashalong 2008 adventure.
EDIT 30/03/2008: I've posted an updated list here.
My rules for 2008:
- I’ll finish (at least) 12 projects knitted from my stash only (see above) – this number will be revised in June/July
- I’ll have a free day for purchasing yarn every time I have finished 2 projects
- I can also use free days earned in KAL in KALs, that is if I get any
- By the end of the year my amount of stash must be smaller than it is now, January 2nd (I’ll count it next week); gifts, free day purchases, etc. must counted in altogether
- I must post on Stashalong whenever I finish a project
These rules are quite simple, and I think I like them.
I’ve already put all my stash on Ravelry (I’m “BirgitteStrikker”), and I’ll keep doing that – it’s such an easy way too have an overview instead of having to dig out all the stash from all the baskets in which it resides.
Happy knitting to all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment