It's knitted from Jo Sharp's Silkroad DK Tweed, colourway Celestine - I bought just one skein of this to see what it was like when it arrived for sale in Denmark about a month ago. It's a lovely yarn - I think Nanna of 123knit.com can expect another order from me :)
The thing I like the most about the original neckwarmer is the all different buttons. Some time ago I inherited a sewing box from my grandmother (my mother's mother) and it was full of lovely old buttons - so I went for a button hunt, and found this:
I especially like the metal buttons; and the one on the bottom with the "Norwegian knitted star" in particular. Fortunately, there are still plenty of those in the box! The button second to the top is made of glass - I've never seen glass buttons before. Peculiar.
50 g of stash used - and no longer with this (deliberate) odd ball in stock.
6 comments:
Jeg har netop tænkt på at lave noget lignende. Dejligt med noget inspiration. Måske man skulle prøve garnet. Det er også nogle meget fine knapper du har brugt.
Oooolala, nice! I have seen that little neck warmer on Ravelry, and I definitely your cable twist! Lucky you!
Sikke dog en fabelagtig "hals-klud", jeg vil ved først givne lejlighed efterabe en smule :-))
Mange hilsner Vivian
Tak / Thank you! :D
You'll all be more than welcome to use my neckwarmer as inspiration; IMO the cable adds a nice twist to it :)
I'm hoping to see more neckwarmers popping out at your blogs ;)
Du har helt ret: meget bedre med den fine snoning. Smuk lille halsting du har lavet!
:-) Britt
god ide med de knapper.
Post a Comment