Thursday, April 01, 2010

Quarterly report - 1st quarter

Three months of 2010 have passed and it's time for a quarterly report. How am I doing with the New Year's resolutions?

1. Knit down (some of) my stash.
Well, this one is actually going really really well! I've trimmed my stash for a lot of odds and ends by knitting on my stash-busting blanket, some baby gear (two of these they still need the final sewing/button/zipper before they can be presented here, but you can see the progress here on Ravelry), and then a stashbusting pair of socks I've just finished in 10 days, using up every yard of 5 sock yarn leftover oddballs - and a bit of a 6th.
I've also sold some of my stash in my recent destash - the blue Rowanspun DK is still available, should you be interested.
Thus, my stash is actually looking quite nice and inviting at the moment. Now I just need to figure out what to knit... The thing is, I've grown a bit tired of some of the projects on the needles as well as the projects in my queue. I think I want to knit a shawl, and I also had an idea about something modular... Any suggestion is welcome!

2. Be less spend-y and save money for more important things.
At least I'm trying :) I haven't spend much money on yarn. In fact, I've only bought 5 skeins of yarn this year!

3. Improve my Italian.
I've been listening to Linguaphone and Michel Thomas (not all the time, but some), and I've signed up for a 7-weeks course starting late April. I'm looking forward! :)

4. Keep flossing.
I'm good at this one! :D

5. Less Facebook, more reading. 
Facebook has definitely lost its importance in my network of friends, so that's a good thing. I've become better at leaving the computer when there are no more blogs to be read or Raveling to be done. I also think a read the paper more often. Not so many books, though.

6. Learn how to do tubular cast-on and use it.
Nope, I haven't even looked at it yet. Haven't found the right project either.

7. Keep running regularly.
This must be the one where I've had the most success! I've completed today's 14 km run and I seem to have fought off a minor injury threatening to ruin it all by tying my shoelaces properly. I'm keeping the speed with which I want to run the 21.1 km to Sweden at these long runs, too, so that's great. By now, I'm running distances so long that I can run home from work - it's actually much more pleasing than it might sound :)

8. Keep doing Pilates regularly. 
Well, erm, there's definitely something to work on here! Maybe after Easter, when dear boyfriend is going to be in Stavanger, Norway during the week, I'll assign a certain evening to working on this one :P

9. Knit 12 sweaters.
Well, I've finished 2 so far, so I'm not exactly up to speed, but at least I have 4 (or more?) on the needles, so there is still hope. For some reason - maybe it's the strong urge for spring this year - I'm not really that attracted to sweater knitting at the moment.

10. Knit 10 shawls. 
Remember the 20-month-old scarf/shawl I was trying to make myself finish in my previous post? Well, I actually finished it in something like a week and have been wearing it a lot since then. It does not count in the 10 shawls in 2010 Ravelry group because it was a WIP, but maybe it'll count in my book! Other than that, no news on this one.

Conclusion? Not brilliant, but definitely not bad either!

I finished 11 projects in these 3 months. Not all have photos yet, but the rest are here:

1 comment:

Paula said...

I think your resolutions are quite ambitious! You have done quite well.