I had a great time reading all your comments - I thought a contest might be a good enticement for you all to comment, i.e. for me to get some new links to bloggers from all around blogland. So here's my thanks to you - including those of you I already "know"; so nice to know that you're reading here!
Well, as many of you correctly guessed, my new sport is: rugby!
As pointed out by some of you, you (most often) do not need the gumshield for ordinary football/soccer. On the other hand, more equipment is needed for american football, etc. Still, some other sports may require the exact same equipment, but this was a guessing contest and not a math problem, i.e. all possible solutions to the problem needn't be correct ;)
Having fun reading your comments, I simply have to draw everybody's attention to Eve's comment as it really made me laugh: "My thought after rugby (in case I was wrong) was some sort of game where you have to run really fast somewhere and at the finish line you get punched in the face. Which is really what rugby is all about, anyway :) Do you have to tape your ears for each game?" You may not be completely wrong, Eve, but I tend to think that rugby is slightly more sophisticated than that! ;) The answer to whether I have to tape my ears in for each game will be no. Taping the ears is only necessary for those who have to put their heads between other players thighs in the scrum - and that'll not be my task :D
Reading the comments, I also found out that Karen watches this (to a Danish person rather odd) game on TV and like many people lost her heart to the haka-performing New Zealanders! ;) Which TV channels show the games, Karen?
I listed the names of those of you who got the right answer, used the random number generator, which picked the winner:
knitmomma
Congratulations! I'll send you an email.
Thank you all for participating!
3 comments:
Unfortunately no channel I can pick up right now. But the french (TV5) sends it sometimes (especially during World Cup). I follow the comings and goings on the net (BBC Sport and the like).
Lost my heart to ABs when I studied in NZ! Had some wonderful evenings in pubs screaming at a big screen tv watching the AB win (of course).
Take care and watch out, but most importantly: Have FUN!
Karen
congrats!!
Thank you, Karen.
I knew about TV5 (which I can't pick up anymore), but I didn't think of BBC Sport online - delighted to know that now! :D
Post a Comment