Monday, June 30, 2008

I've been challenged...

- to think! How's that for exercising my brains on a summer holiday Sunday night (soon to be Monday morning if I don't go to sleep!) after a weekend of too much partying. 

Tora challenged me to make lists to go by for the next year. Well, I've been a bit apprehensive about this, since I'm feeling that I don't quite know where to go with my knitting at this point. On one hand, I want to create my own designs, but on the other hand I also want to take the easy road and knit up some of those incredible designs that have already been made.

I'm going to stray a bit from the original concept and replace one of the list of things I want to learn with another one as I can't really think of things I want to learn at the moment. I learn enough at university, I guess. 

Things I want to create:
1. Marianne Isager's Sommer i Tokyo from the book Japan. 
2. A pattern for the double-knitted scarves I've been making.
3. Asymmetric Cardigan from Knit So Fine

Small things I might want to knit:
1. A pair of mittens; want to design my own, but let's see what happens
2. Tudora neckwarmer
3. Celestine docahedron "ball"
4. A pair of socks, possibly Charade

Non-knitting thing I want to create/finish/accomplish:
1. The pair of gloves I started this spring
2. The embroidered pillows I started too long ago
3. Read Jonathan Safran Foer's "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" (in less than a month since I went to the library to get in its original, wonderful language, English - and numerous other books, as I only read literature during the summer holidays (can't cope with it while reading for university), but I have to start somewhere
4. Finish my 5 kms at the DHL relay race in less than 27 minutes, preferably in 25. 

I think I am going to challenge another 5, but I won't (at least not at the moment). If you want to play, feel free and let me know :)

No comments: