Wednesday, June 18, 2008

News + contest!

It's been a bit quiet around the blog for a while, so I thought I might drop you a line. No big news, though. So - to make some fun out of it, I made a contest (see below) for you! The subject is not knitting-related, but the prize is!

I received a parcel from Posh Yarn today! Alas, there's no sign of my purchase from May 21st yet (I'm beginning to convince myself that it's been lost in the mail - oh horror, good yarn gone to waste!) but the one from this Sunday's sale arrived quickly. Do you think my favourite colour is red?





On another note, I almost finished knitting the Alpine Shrug from one of Rowan's magazines in this linen/alpaca blend that's been lingering my stash for ages:

It's a beautiful yarn and colour, but the predominant feature of it is that it dusts all over the place! Yeah, some yarns do dust, but this one dusts with long black fibres sticking to clothes, the couch, etc. and very short grey ones that floats in the air, let alone in your airway! So, I ended up thowing the whole shite away! I figure I should have done so a long time ago, but it has been too hard for me to part with this beautiful yarn until now.

The summer holidays started 10 days ago, but I haven't really been knitting much anyway. I think the non-knitting exam period is still clinging to me - still getting used to having all this time off. Additionally, I've also started the 12-week training programme for the DHL relay race in September. Not that it's anything huge, but I've been running regularly (1-3 times a week) for a year now, and I found it high time to do something seriously about becoming faster - and it gives me something to do in these many many weeks of summer holidays (12 to be exact), and as Peter (the dear boyfriend) has joined in on the training as well, we have something to do together.

And now for the contest:

I've recently taken up a new sport that has started to take up some of my time as well (one has to hang out for the socials and games as well, you know). Can you guess which one?!


Clue: you must include all items shown in the photo to guess the right sport.

If you guess correctly and I draw out you name afterwards, I'll send you a small prize including a homemade item (knitted or felted), a ball of yarn, and some goods.

Edit: The contest is now closed! I'll be drawing the winner in a moment!

To enter the contest, just leave a comment to this post. If you don't want to enter, but want to comment anyway, just state so in your comment :)

BTW - aren't these boots just fancy? ;)

___________

Info for Stashalong:

Yarn thrown away: 532 g

Posh Yarn purchase: 464 g

42 comments:

Kate said...

I guess rugby. And if that's right, my hat is off to you for being pretty badass. AND, I've had the same experience with dusty yarn and I feel your pain. Good luck with training for the race!

Julia Zahle said...

I also guess rugby!!! There´s no doubt!

Tora said...

Yup, they've already said it, but I'd really like to join for the contest, so: Rugby. And good luck! Hope you'll have lots of fun!

Lise said...

Wow, I love that red yarn!
About your sport, I'm sorry to repeat but I also think it's rugby :)

Anonymous said...

Du skulle ikke have sagt, at man skal kommentere ;) Er det rugby? ;)

Anonymous said...

Ups, det skulle ikke være anonymt...

strikkeforsker said...

Since there are no shin pads in the picture, you have started women's playing lacrosse and not field hockey.

strikkeforsker said...

ooops women's and playing should be interchanged. BTW I was debating between the two, DH had the final word.

Eve said...

Aw, beaten to the punch. Rugby here, too.

My thought after rugby (in case I was wrong) was some sort of game where you have to run really fast somewhere and at the finish line you get punched in the face. Which is really what rugby is all about, anyway :) Do you have to tape your ears for each game?

Anonymous said...

Jeg stemmer også på Lacrosse!
Skønt garn, i øvrigt! Fantastiske farver!
KH Britt

melarno said...

I say rugby too, hope you have fun with it! Love all that Posh yarn too!

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

kan det vaere hockey ?
Strikkehilsner
Angelika

Anonymous said...

Jamen jeg stemmer da også for rugby......
Og dejligt at du er "tilbage" igen. Jeg kigger tit forbi når jeg trænger til nye ideer...
Hilsen Helle

ikkinlala said...

My guess is rugby too, as most sports I can think of require more equipment than that.

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

I looked at those boots and then at the mouth-piece and the only sport that sprang to mind was RUGBY (my favorite tv-sport by the way).

And yes, I do love the boots!
Karen S alltime All Blacks fan!

nina said...

Hi Birgitte,
My guess is american football... (don't know if it's the same as rugby) :D

Natalie Rush said...

I'm guessing Softball. :)

knitmomma said...

Hm...I think rugby too. Hate to be a follower! *grin*

Wendy said...

My guess goes along with the others here... Rugby.

Katie O said...

Well, I think it's soccer... hope you are having fun no matter what sport it is...

teabird said...

Since I don't know anything about rugby, I'll guess kickboxing.
(sigh)

teabird / ravelry

Shirley said...

I live in Europe, so I'd say football, but I don't know anything about it. I don't know if it is soccer or rugby or neither of the two!

Kristen said...

I'm guessing rugby, because of the mouthguard. Soccer/football doesn't usually require one.
Way to go on taking up a new sport!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty yarns. My guess is going to be field hockey.

Unknown said...

Absolutely rugby. Just be careful. Those games can get rough! (as can the post parties!)

Anonymous said...

Jamen. Det er vel fodbold - og bideskinnen? Vel for at forhindre dig i at bide i græsset!
Kærligst
Mor

Senora Fuerte said...

I'm going with my first thought, Lacrosse.

Although now that I've read the comments, rugby is probably a better guess. Oh well. I didn't think of it.

Me, Myself, and I said...

Those are for rugby! Yay on keeping your teeth safe!

Anonymous said...

I also guess Rugby.

Bea said...

I think it is rugby too. I couldn't think of anything else that didn't need other stuff. I love those yarns in the top photo. One of my favorite colors.

Cheers,
Bea

Turtle said...

well, hmm, everyone has guessed rugby. Field hockey did come to mind, loved it as a kid! Golf...not spikey enough. Soccer? The yarn: i had some do the same horrid shedding and as soon as i finished knitting it and blocking it stopped. just an idea.

Anonymous said...

that does look rugby-ish to me. After-school playing around had me being the "hooker" for the goof-off rugby team for a while :D

tanterne said...

Er du begyndt at bokse?

Andey Layne said...

Well, I was going to say soccer, but it does appear that the general consensus is rugby. I know nothing about rugby- except that it's a game... but I'll bow to popular opinion and say "rugby".

(Personally I try to avoid anything that involves a mouthguard.)

rainberry said...

I guess rugby.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I will go with rugby:)Hugs Darcy

Anonymous said...

The mouth guard and the shoes make me think rugby.

Unknown said...

My guess is rugby

KSee said...

My guess is Rugby.

cthulhulovesme said...

I'll go with the general consensus and say rugby, too. Everyone loves a good scrum. :)

Hanne ... said...

Du må saftsuseme var hurtigt på aftrækkeren, siden du kan nå at bestille SÅ meget garn hos Posh. Det er lykkedes for mig 2 gange, men på det seneste syn´s jeg godt nok, det går hurigt. Alt er væk inden jeg når at røre tastaturet ;-)

Birgitte said...

Hej Hanne

Tjah, jeg ved ikke hvad jeg gør - jeg har en hurtig internetforbindelse, er hurtig til at skrive kontaktoplysninger, og så har jeg bestemt mig for hvad jeg godt kunne tænke mig inden der åbnes for handel :) Har da også prøvet ikke at få et ben til jorden - det er lidt forskelligt... :)