Thursday, March 28, 2013

FO: Red Ripple Sweater


 Last year in January, I dug out this cone of very bright orangey red chunky merino wool and cast on for Gudrun Johnston's Cara. I had a lot of new knits going at the time (a few days before giving birth to the wee one) and this one never really made it through to the end. Continuing in the stream of KALs in the Rav group for Lindse's podcast, I signed the finished bottom ribbing up for the 'Finish or frog' KAL taking place this March. And here it is! Finally finished, thanks to this KAL.


The bottom ribbing is indeed all that remains of the original sweater. The rest has been frogged and restarted in various shapes at least three times, before I finally ended up with a shape that would give a flattering knit in this chunky yarn. Therefore, all that I kept of the original pattern was the garter rib and the ripple pattern. 


Pattern: My own, inspired by Cara by Gudrun Johnston.
Yarn: Chunky SuperGeelong (Rav link) from Garnudsalg.dk, colourway Rød, 480 g. This is a 10-ply(!) merino yarn, which actually feels like cotton while knitting, but after a wash its true wooly nature came to life. It's nice and soft, but it remains to be seen how much it will pill. The colour is bright and I love it.
Needles: 6.0 mm.
My Ravelry project page has many more notes and can be found here.

5 comments:

Lise said...

Super fin. Godt den blev færdig ;)

nina said...

Hvor er den fin. Dejlig farve her til foråret! Og pinde 6 er et hit

Ulla said...

Herlig farve! Hvor har du plads til alle de trøjer, du strikker?

Birgitte said...

Tak :)

Ulla - det har jeg heller ikke... Der skal vist snart ryddes op i samlingen igen. Jeg plejer først at tilbyde de aflagte til familie og venner - derefter kommer de til genbrug.

hanne said...

skøn, forårsagtig og den klær dig !