Friday, March 08, 2013
FO: Leise
In January and February I joined a KAL in the Ravelry group for Lindse's podcast - this time with the theme 'Knit from Danish patterns'. The first FO for the KAL was my anthracite No. 23 from the previous post. For the second project, I pulled out the new book by Lene Holme Samsøe, Suveræn Strik, which I got for Christmas, and started knitting the Leise cardigan.
Like last year, I try to knit mainly from stash, but had to get a fluffy kidmohair for this project. I paired up one of my favourite (now discontinued) Isager colours, the slightly purplish blue 53 with a purple silk kidmohair from Garnudsalg.dk. I'm a fan of bluish purple, so matching the slightly dull purple of the kidmohair with the blue wool made the perfect match for me. In my opinion, this silk kidmohair is a bit more rough than the silk mohairs from e.g. Rowan or Isager, but the price is also lower, so I guess you get what you pay for. It works well in this knit, though.
I made some really stupid mistakes while knitting this cardigan (of which you can read more on my Ravelry project page if you can read Danish), but I ended up finishing it in time. In retrospect I think I would have liked it more without the bubbles on the sleeves (the simplicity is in part what makes me so fond of Helga Isager's designs), but I'm definitely not redoing them and I like it well enough as it is.
Pattern: Leise by Lene Holme Samsøe, published in Suveræn Strik, size M. I chose size M based on the measurement schemes in the book, but I think I could've used a size S, too.
Yarn: One strand of each: Isager Tvinni, colourway 53 (now discontinued), 144 g + Blackhill Silk Mohair, colourway 8 (Lilla 2), approx. 80 g. It's quite a lightweight sweater, and fast to knit on large needles.
Needles: 6.0 mm and 5.0 mm.
Mods: None.
My Ravelry project page is here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ej, den er skøn. Godt kæmpet! Jeg kan måske godt følge dig lidt i boblerne på ærmerne (jeg er ikke en ´bobbel person´ i strik generelt), men det er da en fantastisk farve du har valgt!
Hvor er den blevet flot, selvom jeg også godt kan forstå bobleproblematikken.
Post a Comment