Tuesday, January 29, 2013

FO: Anthracite No. 23


Remember my Christmas sweater? Well, here's the sequel. In one of my absolute favourite colours, anthracite grey (Isager's colour 47). I got the yarn for Christmas and cast on first thing in the New Year. I've already worn the red one a lot, so I've been looking forward to getting this one done. It drapes well and fells lovely against the skin. What's not to love?

No modeled shots this time - you'll just have to imagine the red one in grey...!

Pattern: No. 23 by Helga Isager (Rav link), published in No. 21, no. 22, no. 23..., size S/M.
Yarn: Isager Viscolin, colour 47 + Isager Silk Mohair, colour 47, approx. 3.2-3.3 skeins of each.
Mods: Only a few minor ones: I knit the garter stitch hem back and forth (why not), and attached the neck edging while binding off rather than sewing it on afterwards. I forgot to switch to decreases on every 2nd row (as opposed to every 3rd row) on the last few decrease row on the back, so it has a slightly wider neckline than the first one. I like that.
My Ravelry project page is here.


You know what? I only have 5 WIPs at the moment! For someone who usually has more than 10 WIPs lying around, this is quite impressive. And somewhat liberating, too.

3 comments:

Katarina said...

LOVE the colour!

GrenDesign said...

Hvor er den fin som den ligger der og ser vamset-luftig ud. Jeg kan også ret godt lide den farve. Den er grå på sådan en skøn blå måde ;-) og passer rigigt godt til alle de klare farver vi holder sådan af.

frksnupp said...

Veldig fin denne grå også, en sånn har jeg lyst på. Der er få WIPs her også, det må jeg få en endring på :) god weekend!