Monday, September 17, 2012
FO: Lemon feat. Robin
Over the weekend, I finally got some photos of the pile of FOs that have been waiting for weeks to be shown off here. There are five of them, so maybe this will turn out to be FO Week with a new one presented each day. Sorry about the blogging being this irregular.
Let's start with the oldest one among them: Lemon, from Helga Isager's former Amimono collection, which after much debate with myself finally ended up with long sleeves like its cousin Robin from her recent collection. I started it one and a half years ago, but made the first side too wide, and then started debating whether to go with short or 3/4 length sleeves.
This year's Ravellenics (i.e. knitting as much as you possibly can during the Olympics to finish a project) was my opportunity to get this project done: I needed to frog one side (too wide) with a short sleeve and then finish two sides with 3/4 sleeves. And the waist band. Quite a lot of stitches seeing as this is a fine knit on 3.0 mm needles.
I didn't manage to complete it in time. When Betty the cauldron was put out on August 12th, I still had half a sleeve and a waistband left to do, but one week later I was finally done with the knitting. By August 27th, it was washed and blocked and all. And here it is.
Another great Amimono knit! Not to be worn with the same tops underneath as in these photos, though :)
Pattern: Lemon (Rav link) by Helga Isager/Amimono, using the instructions for Robin (Rav link) for the 3/4 length sleeves (I did horizontal stitches on the cuffs, though, as this is the feature of Lemon).
Yarn: Blackhill Highland Wool, colourway Lilla, from Garnudsalg.dk. A vibrant purple colour - one of my favourites. I recognise that using the original, single-ply yarn gives a lighter fabric and better drape, but there you go.
Needles: 3.0 mm.
Ravelry project page: Here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Lekker bluse og nydelig farge til deg!
Flot, flot og lækker bluse i en mundvandsfremkaldende lækker farve!
Glæder mig til at se de andre kreationer også ;)
Bare lekker. Helga Isager er en mester!
Lækker, lækker farve - og en rigtig god kombination af de to modeller!
FED farve!! Og skøn model - HI er bare mesteren!
Post a Comment