Friday, September 21, 2012

FO: Winter trousers


The last FO of this FO Week - and the first photo of the pair of wee legs that inhabits our flat. Most of the time they look like this...


...but I did manage to get a few photos in focus. I think these trousers will be great for winter. Nice, soft, and warm. A bit on the long side when comparing to width, so I'm doing another pair (for later this winter) in the larger size, but keeping the length of these.

The original pattern sports a simple 2x2 ribbing around the waistline, but as I don't believe that would have kept the trousers on for more than a few minutes at best, I've doubled the waistline hem and added an elastic band inside.


Pattern: Bukser i glatstrik (in Danish) by Susie Haumann in All You Knit is Love, size 6-12 months.
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Sock in colourway Persia, 72 g.
Mods: Knit the legs in the round (apart from the ribbing). Doubled the waistline hem and added an elastic band inside.
My Ravelry project page is here.

6 comments:

Irene said...

Hvor er de søde! Det passer godt med flerfarvet garn til sådan en enkel model.

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

hæ, sikke nogle skønne benbilleder! Det er altså svært at tage buskebilleder i den alder... har også selv forsøgt, men uden held.

Monstermønster said...

Så skjønne på myke, gode babyben! Og for en flott farge på garnet.

Lena said...

Sikken en flot kavalkade du har underholdt med i denne uge. Det er altså nogle fiiiiiine ting du har begået. Og de der babyfødder er da slet ikke til at stå for:-)

juicyknits said...

I knit a pair last winter (a Drops pattern) and mine still fit, though on the short side. But they are so great that I'll definitely repeat them for this year as well.

GrenDesign said...

Hvor er de fine - især de små, lækre babyfødder er da bare ikke til at stå for..