If you've been touring Blogland recently, you'll most likely have encountered A Million Stripes Loop. I know I've seen some gorgeous versions myself here and here. I actually started mine back in January (when the pattern was still free?) and originally intended it to be the same size as the others, i.e. long enough to wrap around twice. Incidentally, I later changed my mind and it ended up being a single loop.
That doesn't make the pattern any less clever though; I like how you easily make the stripes jogless and the fact that it's grafted together at the end to make it an actual circle. While knitting, I told people 'a scarf with no ends' when they inquired what I was knitting. As has been said by others, it's brilliant for stash busting.
I like it a lot. It's wide and dense enough to stand up properly like a collar. Pretty and useful.
Pattern: A Million Stripes Loop (Rav link) by Brenda Burrell.
Yarn: Mostly Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift (yellow and two purples) and some Holst Supersoft (graphite) mixed with a thin wool/cashmere strand.
Ravelry project page: Here.
2 comments:
Finfin versjon, likte godt at du bare lagde en "ring". Min er i daglig bruk nå som det er for varmt til å gå med jakke og for kaldt til å gå uten noe, da er den perfekt over genseren. Takk for ros :)
paraden fortsætter ;) Endnu en lækker sag, og jeg kan faktisk umiddelbart bedre lide din korte version!
Post a Comment