Tuesday, August 07, 2012

FO: Raven


During our summer vacation I finished my third knit from Helga Isager's most recent Amimono collection, the Bird Collection, namely the Raven dress (the first one was my Nightingale vest and the second one was the Lark baby vest). 

It's a lot of boring stockinette, but then that's how you get a fashionable garment IMHO. This is indeed a fashionable knit - it's easy to wear, the fit is great, and it's very much in line with all those knitted dresses I saw in the must recent issue of Costume (Danish fashion magazine).

Despite the amounts of stockinette it was a pleasure to knit (and a lot faster than I thought!) and great for driving on holiday 4-5 hours away from home... :)


Pattern: Raven by Helga Isager/Amimono (Rav link)
Yarn: One strand of an anonymous yarn I bought at the sheep producers' Christmas fair in Copenhagen a few years ago (I think it's of the Gotland variety) in a deep purple colour mixed with one thin strand of Posh Yarn Mimi (alpaca/silk) in the beautiful colourway The Clock Struck Midnight I managed to score 3 skeins of quite a while ago.
Needle size: 4 mm - and 3.5 mm for edges.
Size: M for length, S for width
Mods: I used short rows and kitchener stitch grafting the side seams rather than casting off stitches and sewing it together (or 3-needle bind-off as used for Robin). 
Ravelry project page: Here.

7 comments:

GrenDesign said...

Sådan, den er blevet helt vild skøn - fantastisk farve!!!!
Måske skulle jeg tage mig sammen og smide min røde Raven på bloggen? Det tror jeg :-)

GrenDesign said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
juicyknits said...

Very nice. The colour is also amazing. Sometimes simply stockinette is the most rewarding in the finished object.

Lena said...

Den er helt vildt flot!

Ulla said...

Den er flot. Skal du have strikket alle voksenmodellerne i hæftet?

Birgitte said...

Det er tæt på, tror jeg. Jeg har snart Swallow færdig (og planer om mindst én til) samt Lemon fra det foregående hæfte, som har fået Robin-ærmer... Jeg har også planer om Parrot i en KAL i sep-okt. og en gang i fremtiden Starling. Så er der vist kun vanterne tilbage, og dem skal jeg ikke lave! :D

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

Uha, den er LÆKKER!!! Det gik godt nok hurtigt (du nåede da også næsten det hele under OL).
Smukt, smukt, smukt!!!