Monday, August 13, 2012

A lovely day out

During my maternity leave, I've started up a new knitting group with some lovely mums I've come to know during our pregnancies. They are all beginners - 5 in total - and I started out by teaching them how to knit this vest I designed using knit stitches only. We meet approx. once a week (with the babies) and have lunch together - and try to knit a bit, too, when the wee ones allow it.

They all learnt how to knit very quickly and a few weeks ago it was time for new supplies and new projects. I emailed Sanne of Rasmilla.dk to ask if there was room for all of us in her lovely little shop (I've never been there previously, but I've heard so much about it) during regular opening hours, and she then offered to open it just for us on a Tuesday. She pulled out tea, coffee, and lemonade and I brought a cake. We stayed for, uhm, four and a half hours and had a wonderful time! Not your average yarn store :) Of course, nobody left empty-handed. My loot is shown above: 4 skeins of Rasmilla's Yndlingsgarn in my favourite colours at the moment (grey and coral) and a small embroidery kit from Karen Marie Dehn.

2 comments:

GrenDesign said...

Lyder fantastisk med sådan en baby-strikkegruppe!
Og Rasmilla - ja, det er absolut ikke en helt almindelig garnbutik!!

Ulla said...

Lyder hyggeligt. Sådan en kunne jeg godt bruge. Rasmilla må jeg vist en tur forbi på næste Kbh tur.