Happy New Year!
I finished quite a few projects over Christmas that I haven't got round to blogging before now, so there's some catching up to do. I also still need to show you the hunter's sweater, but I seem to keep forgetting to set up a photo shoot. The projects I worked on over Christmas will appear in my next post - first an FO finished on December 24th.
Pattern: Cyklon (Rav link) by Alison Brookbanks published in Brooklyn Tweed's Wool People vol. 1 (btw, vol. 2 has just been published).
Yarn: Cushendale Woolen Mills DK in Wine and New Lanark DK in Pebble - both leftovers from other projects matched up here to remove them from the stash.
Needles: 4.5 mm
Mods: I picked up stitches for the lower hem rather than sewing it on, and did not do a herringbone pattern on the hem but a slip stitch pattern instead. I did not add any ribbon on the inside of the armholes.
Ravelry project page: here.
The deal with this top is all in the construction, which is quite intricate as you can tell from the photo below.
The drape arises from wearing the top, but unfortunately I'm not able to take any modeled shots (well, I can put it on, but I'm not sure a photo would really show how the top will look eventually...).
4 comments:
I love the stripes. I'm sitting here twisting and turning my head trying to work out how you put it on and how the construction works. I'm intrigued.
What an interesting pattern. How does it feel when you're wearing it?
Det er godt nok en skæg sag - vil vædde med atbdu glæder dig til at hoppe i den ;-))))
Skønne farver i striberne.
Thanks! I can't be completely sure yet, since it's quite (ahem) tight over my belly, but I think it does take a few times of wear to learn how to wear this. The drape seen on the original model comes from the wearing and is not part of the construction as such. I think it'll turn out well, though, once I get to wear it.
Post a Comment