Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Quarterly Report - third quarter

Ooops. In my last post I advertised the upcoming quarterly report - and then forgot all about it! If I am to make it before the fourth one is due, it'd better be now :)

You can find my previous quarterly report here.

The major accomplishment this quarter must be getting married! But let's look back at those 10 New Year's resolutions:

1. Knit down (some of) my stash
I destashed 2 skeins of yarn and knit up some odd balls for the four baby vests. But then I also bought another 200g - and I may just have bought some more, but that (and 2 of those 4 skeins) have already been knitted up for a Christmas fair [info in Danish] I'm taking part in two weekends in November. All in all I think I'm a tiny bit on the good side. Thing is, I haven't actually finished many projects this quarter, but I do have loads of yarn on the needles, so in the end I will have less yarn than I started with.

2. Be less spendy and save money for more important things.
Well, there was that wedding, but I think we already established that it files under 'important things' :)

3. Improve my Italian.
I did make my way through the Michel Thomas course including the Advanced part during my summer holidays, and we did go to Italy in September and managed to practice a bit. Since then, life has taken over, but I want to get back into learning more!

4. Keep flossing.
Yes :)

5. Less Facebook, more reading.
I have actually read something like one or two novels a month this past quarter. May not sound like a lot to you, but it is to me. And Facebook is on its way out, isn't it?

6. Learn how to do tubular cast on and use it.
No. I'm beginning to doubt I will cos I have so much other knitting going on just know.

7. Keep running regularly.
Yeees. You may recall I managed to finish my second half-marathon in 1:59:52. I also set PR on 10 km at the DHL relay race in September. Recently (but that's actually in the fourth quarter), I joined Sparta to keep up my running over the winter.

8. Keep doing Pilates regularly.
Uhm, no. I would like to, but I just never get round to it.

9. Knit 12 sweaters.
Haha. I did show you all my sweater WIPs during Sweater WIP Week, but so far I have only finished one of them. Right now I'm terribly busy finishing stuff for this Christmas market, so no sweater knitting is going on. I don't think I'll reach 12 this year either. But maybe all those sweater WIPs will be a good starting point for next year, or is that cheating?

10. Knit 10 shawls.
I knit one, the Haruni. That's one per quarter so far. Definitely not going to accomplish this one.

A combination of being busy and having numerous large WIPs on the needles has left me with (wait for it!) 4 finished project this quarter! You can see them here:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, you like pink and blue, don't you? :)

mooncalf said...

Great report. You've totally reminded me about how good quarterly reports are. I think my last one was in March!