Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Swatches



I just wanted to show you two swatches - the top one is the one for Arietta, which I wrote about a couple of days ago. I wish the colours were more true here, but you can at least get an idea. I linked to the actual colours in the aforementioned post if you're interested...

The other one is for a very recently started project: the Asymmetrical Cardigan, which will be my sixth project from Norah Gaughan's fabulous book Knitting Nature. My mum made a beautiful tomato-red version a while ago, and it's just great, so I'm confident this one will be a success, too. I'm knitting it a bit more chunky than in the book; using New Lanark Aran (such a great yarn! Try it! The colours are gorgeous! this one is called Iris, but Blueberry is just as pretty) I get a gauge of 16 sts per 4 inches rather than the 18 it should be. Therefore, I'm knitting size extra-petite, i.e. I'm knitting a size that is just as much smaller than size petite as small is larger than petite (well, it makes sense to me...). I've already finished one and a bit of the front pieces - it's a speedy knit. I should be knitting Christmas presents, but this is such a great project I can't put it down!

2 comments:

britt said...

Dine kommende projekter ser superspændende ud. Glæder mig til at se mere til dem.
Og den svenske strikkebog har jeg også bladret i for nyligt - meget inspirerende!!
Tillykke med titlen, i øvrigt! Nu venter dejlige, velfortjente fridage....åhhh, hvor jeg glæder mig til min juleferie.
:-) Britt

Birgitte said...

Mange tak! :)
Og jeg håber du får en rigtig dejlig juleferie!