Sunday, December 13, 2009

New sweaters on the needles

I participated in NaKniSweMoDo09 (National Knit a Sweater a Month Dodecathon 2009) this year. Although, I'm only likely to finish 11 within 2009, I'm absolutely ready for a similar challenge next year, IntKniSweMoDo10.

WIPs and UFOs also count in the challenge, and I will have a few of those come January 1st. Granite and Kingscot have been lingering for a while now, but they are both incredibly nice sweaters, so I'm sure they will be done eventually.



Of more recent projects (cast-on and swatched, respectively, within the last week) I have Helga Isager's Sweater i tofarvet patent from the book Strikketøj (see really poor photo above for an idea) and then I discovered a cardigan in an old Knitty called Arietta. It looks like stranded knitting, but it really is a mosaic pattern with only one colour per row - very nice! I swatched with three different beautiful colours of Holst Garn, one from Noda, and one from BC garn. It looks really nice - and washing did wonders to the swatch! The thinner yarn gives more stitches per 10 cm, but I think I can make it work with size M. I'm looking forward to some more knitting in the new year, when all secret gift knitting is done...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeg har også startet en ny sweater (i dag faktisk).
Jeg tror, at jeg vil gøre dig selskab næste år. Med alle dem jeg har på pindene, burde det ikke være så vanskeligt at strikke 12 færdigt ;)
Kh Karen

Birgitte said...

Ih, det lyder hyggeligt. Jeg kom sørme også lige starte på endnu(!) én i dag. Hovsa. Sådan går det jo når der er en masse julestrik, der skal klares ;)