Friday, March 28, 2008

Now, what's that?

8 WIPs?! Yup. I just had to cast on for another 2 of them - and plan a third for the Stashalong April KAL within KAL.

The process was initiated by the Vogue Knitting Spring 2008 issue entering my mailbox. Not really finding any designs I liked in that magazine, I dug out the old ones, knowing that I especially liked some of the design in the Winter 2007/08 issue.

Firstly, the Swing Jacket: I've made some modifications I'll tell you about when it's done. My colour changes are also quite a lot more subtle that the ones in the magazine, and I think I like it that way. So far this seems to be a promising project. [For Ravelry users trying to look this pattern up on Ravelry: For some reason or another this particular pattern is missing from the magazine's site. Peculiar.] You can find an IRL completed version here; I'm mod'ing mine into a shorter and more roomy version. I hope.


This is going to be my project for the Stashalong April KAL within KAL calling for a spring-y project. I swatched to make sure the yarn fits the pattern, but I cannot start knitting before the KAL sets off on April 1. It's the Puff Sleeve Jacket (#22) from Vogue Knitting Winter 2007/08:

The last newly started WIP is an EZ February Baby Jacket in red cotton(!). No photo here.

Ultimately, I just wanted to show you a progress photo of the MI Solen:


Uhm.

5 comments:

Tora said...

Wow, the MI's Solen looks gorgeous! Me want!

Anonymous said...

Skønne ting - men Solen er da godt nok vildt flot!
KH Britt

Cloudberry said...

MI's solen er nydelig!
Gleder meg til å se den ferdig.

Birgitte said...

Tusind tak alle sammen - så må jeg jo hellere strikke lystigt videre ;)

nina said...

Dine projekter ser som altid meget appetitlige ud :)