This afternoon I took a photo spree round the flat to photograph all the new knits I've started up recently. Most of them are just a cast on and perhaps even an edge. Only one has gone further that that - that'll be the scarf (can one get to many of these?) I brought with me on my skiing holidays because the almost finished Cabled Spiral Pullover would be much too big to carry along.
I'll start out with those knitted after a pattern.
1) The Shetland Triangle
1) The Shetland Triangle
They kept popping up here and here, so I thought I might make one myself. I had to find some heavy yarn to make it brooklyntweed-style, hence I frogged a vest I've had lying around for a couple of years but not really used; it was knitted in some dark brown (unevenly) handspun wool with pink/heather spots - from Lystbækgaard. It is quite hard to see the pattern in this uneven, dark yarn. Let's see how it turns out. Warm, I reckon.
2) Solen from Marianne Isager's new book Japan
3) Elijah III
Secondly, the designs I'm making up myself:
1) A summer cardigan in Posh Yarn's Eva (laceweight silk/cashmere)I've swatched and figured out how the design should be during a lecture. This is the cast on and the first row I've finished here, I guess.
2) My pocket-y scarfI came up with the idea ((C) Birgitte Zeuner, 2008) for this scarf earlier this month. The colours inside the "pockets", i.e. the colours on the back of the scarf changes in stripes, using all the matching leftovers I have around. I'll show you more as I progress.
Well, I guess that this will be enough WIPs to keep me going for a while. But you never know, do you?
5 comments:
Det ser yderst spændende ud :)
Sikke en herlig omgang...jeg eeeeelsker startitis - rusen af alt det nye!
Glæder mig til at se mere.
:-) Britt
Jah, det bliver nemlig spændende. I dag (til venindestrikkeklub) har jeg strikket første række cirkler på MIs Solen. Det bliver godt! :D Og så er det ovenikøbet sjovt, når man har overstået første frustrerende pind hvor man tror, at man ikke overlever de 9 garndunters filtren; men det gør man - og så ER det faktisk sjovt :)
Startitis er skønt, og bryder ud med hyppige mellemrum. Måske endda smitsomt ;)
Hold da op, sikke mange cool projekter du har gang i. Jeg er vild med MI's Solen, så jeg glæder mig til at se den færdig engang (hvis du forsætter produktiviteten, så er det vel snart :D). Halstørklædet ser også spændende ud. Jeg tror jeg skal have fat i lidt af din startitis... det går sgu lidt slow her i det århusianske :)
Nina - mange tak :) Jeg håber det smitter ;)
Post a Comment