Tuesday, November 19, 2013

FO: September Cardigan Enlarged

Is anybody still reading?

If you are, you can now enjoy some poor-quality photos of a project that has actually been finished since the beginning of September. Then I waited the better part of two months for the perfect buttons to arrive from Hong Kong. And then another month for a photo opportunity. I've now given up hope of the latter, so here are some photos I've managed to snap during daily life - I guess this counts as proof that the cardigan is actually being worn a lot!

When I first saw Line's September Cardigan, I immediately liked the design. I got my mum to knit one for the wee one - pictured here on the left:


What happened next? Somebody wanted an identical one for himself! Having appropriate yarn in stash that would fit 6.0 mm needles I quickly agreed to knitting him one. 

Oh, and here are those buttons I waited for:


The yarn is quite drapey and heavy, so I've had to do some crocheted reinforcements with a less elastic yarn in the back neck and along the front edges. I think they work well. Husband is very pleased with his cardigan and uses it a lot


Pattern: My own based on the design for the September Cardigan by Rare Rusk Designs.
Yarn: One strand of a super kid mohair/baby alpaca/merino blend from Garnudsalg.dk and one strand of a single-bly wool yarn from Klippans Yllefabrik. Approx. 840 g in total.  
Link to my Ravelry project page: Here. 

2 comments:

TrineØC said...

Jeg er her stadig.. ;-) læser trofast med, men har vist aldrig kommenteret før.. Så nu ved du i hvertfald det!

frksnupp said...

Den var fin! Jeg leser også, men forstår jo godt at du har hatt det travelt med doktorgrad. Fin nisse var det også som flyttet inn til dere før jul.