Next Thursday, it's been 3 years since I last finished a pair of socks! Crazy, right? Those were a pair of Monkeys in Kaffe Fassett's beautiful Fire colourway (made for Regia). I still use them despite having worn out the sole; that's one thing I've never understood: why reinforce the heel when I always wear out the foot first? This particular pair of socks will always be special to me since I actually wore them on the wee one's very first birthday 15 months ago. That is not the reason why I never got round to knitting another pair for 3 years, though. Maybe I'd tired of socks, having knit the entire A Year in Socks collection. More than that, though, I think I'd grown tired of knitting socks from fancy, hand-dyed sock yarn without nylon, which would consequently be worn out in a matter of weeks. And I didn't have many durable 20% nylon sock yarns in my stash.
Anyway, some weeks ago, while clearing out the sock stash to get rid of all those old pairs that had been worn out a long time ago, I suddenly felt the urge to start a new pair in this Regia Hand-dye Effect yarn that had been lingering in my stash for too long. I had two 100 g skeins, so I set out to make identical socks, starting the same place in both skeins. Luckily, they started almost the same place in the colour sequence, so I only lost a few yards here.
I went through my Ravelry queue for a suitable pattern and settle for the Blackrose Socks from an old Knitty issue.
And here they are!
Pattern: Blackrose Socks (Rav link) by Suzi Anvin, published in Knitty, Winter 2008. A nice pattern. It comes with matching wristwarmers, too.
Yarn: Regia Hand-dye Effect (Rav link), colourway 06550. This yarn is a bit special: It's plied from a single strand of wool and a very thin strand of black nylon. This makes it a bit hard to knit without splitting the strand, so it wasn't the most pleasing knit ever. The colours are pretty, though, and I expect it to be durable. I used 62 g for this pair, so I can actually get 3 pairs out of these two skeins. I'm not sure I have it in me to do so, though.
Link to my Ravelry project page: Here.
1 comment:
Thanks a buncҺ for dscuѕsing your wonderfl knowledge on this type off forbіdden issսe.
Here is my web page: orgаnic e liquid planet ()
Post a Comment