Monday, January 28, 2013

FO: Winter trousers III


As the headline indicates, this is the third pair of trousers from the same pattern. The first two pairs are such a success, so we needed some more for next winter. After I finished the first pair, I has quite a bit of the Malabrigo Sock leftover. I found a skein of Arwetta in a matching, brown colour and set out to make another, larger pair, making stripes for as long as the Malabrigo could last.

Incidentally, I ran out of Arwetta in the waist ribbing and had to call for help in order not to buy a whole new skein just to complete the ribbing. Luckily, Karen was so kind to help me out (thank you!), and here they are the finished trousers - ready for September or whenever woolen clothes will be needed again.


Pattern: Bukser i glatstrik (in Danish) by Susie Haumann in All You Knit is Love, size 12-18 months.
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Sock in colourway Persia, 28 g, and Filcolana Arwetta Classic in colourway 975, 58 g.
Mods: Knit the legs in the round (apart from the ribbing). Doubled the waistline hem and added an elastic band inside.
My Ravelry project page is here.

3 comments:

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

De er da for kære, de bukser. Jeg må altså få skaffet det hæftet (og efterfølgeren) til huse snart.

Var bare glad for at kunne hjælpe med den rest garn :)

Lisbeths Verden said...

Ååå så god og varm den blir på en liten kropp :)
Hilsen Beth

Ulla said...

De er bare fine og meget praktiske. Lille E skal helt klart have et par hjemmestrikkede til næste sæson. I år købte jeg mig fra det i dyre domme.