Here's my second post in the series of knitted baby garment adventures - the first one on baby vests was here.
No. 1: Sloe Cardigan
Pattern: Generic, made up as I went along. This was a commissioned knit so I made a swatch and made sure to match the measurements I got. Raglan. Moss stitch borders. The shoes are loosely based on this pattern (Rav link). Sized to fit a 6 months old baby - and for her to grow in.
Yarn: Holst Garn Supersoft in Sloe.
Needles: 3.25 mm.
Ravelry project page: Here.
Comments: A basic, thin cardigan. Seems very useful.
No. 2: Malachite Alfred
Pattern: Alfred's Raglan by Britta Wilfert (Rav link). Not sure about the size (made my own), but I think approx. 1 year.
Yarn: Regia Hand-dye Effect in Malachite (Rav link). A bit different from other sock yarns. Comes in some interesting colour combinations.
Needles: 4.5 mm.
Ravelry project page: Here.
Comments: I saw this sweater on Anne's blog, liked it a lot and wanted to try it out. I think this is a good, basic pattern for many sweaters - also for larger children. The reverse of the ribbing pattern is also quite interesting (see photos on my Ravelry page). I like the effect that comes from using two strands of this long-colour-repeats yarn together.
No. 3: Red V-Neck Cardigan
Pattern: I originally started knitting the Baby Sophisticate cardigan, didn't like the size and the (IMO) too many sts on the front, frogged it and restarted making it all up as I went along (in a larger size). Size is approx. 6-12 months, I think.
Yarn: The project was intiated with the sole purpose of eliminating the small quantities of these two yarns in my stash: Rowan Pure Wool DK in Kiss (Rav link) and Naturfiber Dansk Merino Kamgarn in colour 4013 (Rav link). Mission completed. After making the hat, you may be able to see a bit of on the left, that is. The hat pattern is (again) the same used for the CPAP hats for Cuba (here), just larger due to the thicker yarn.
Needles: 6.0 mm (5.5 mm for the moss stitch borders).
Ravelry project page: Here.
Comments: Not much to report. With the fear of repeating myself, I'd say it looks like a useful cardigan for a wee one.
Quite a nice stash of baby garments I've built up, right? Not a bad thing when the late twenties appear to be "baby age" for everybody I know.
3 comments:
Love that Alfred sweater - a very nice pattern for variegated yarn. I think I have to try it out myself.
Oh, and yeah, now you need a baby so that all these cute things come to use. :)
Smukke trøjer, de skal nok gøre en flok babyer glade.
For noen nydelige gensere!! Alle sammen!
Post a Comment