Sunday, April 17, 2011

On knitting and running


Today, I finished the third installment of the test runs, the half marathon, leading up to Copenhagen Marathon in what for me is a splendid time: 1:54:00. Also having completed the 30 km training a few weeks ago I feel completely ready for my first marathon on May 22nd.

Though not extremely fast, I've become quite a runner over the past year. So much that it influences my mood. I've even joined a running club. It was therefore with great interest I read an article in the new Twist Collective about what knitting and running have in common: 
"But look closer and you’ll see that both running and knitting fall into the back-to-basics mentality that is gaining  a foothold in our increasingly techno-driven world."

Extremely interesting reading for me as these two disciplines are by far my two most important interest. A lot of interesting points are raised in the article. It was also great to see how knitters even bring their knitting along! I don't think I'll ever do that, though. For me, running is about finishing as fast as possible, and although I'm a fast knitter, I'm not sure I'll be a fast knitting runner.

No comments: