Thursday, October 14, 2010

Time for a quick FO presentation!

Thank you for all the happy wishes on my last post! It sure feels good even if not too different to be Mr and Mrs :)

I meant to post some more of my recent FOs right after the last one, but right now time seems to be rushing by with plenty of unanswered emails and more than 30 unread blogposts in my reader all the time (and with my usual procrastination habits, that never happens). Why? I'm writing up the first paper for my Ph.D. and it's due next week...

Anyway, I managed to find a short break today (the brain does need to rest, doesn't it?), so here we go:


You can see more photos on my Ravelry project page.

Pattern: Still Light Tunic (Ravelry link), size S
Yarn: BC Garn Shetland wool, colourway ny24
Needles: 2.5 mm
Mods: None that I remember...

It was a very nice project to knit, despite the much stockinette stitch. You can read my progress report from Sweater WIP Week here. And it's just as nice to wear! I love wearing this sort of knitted dresses, including my Cabled Sweater Dress.

And now we're at it, here's my other recent FO:


Pattern: Haruni
Yarn: Madelinetosh Sock, colourway Thunderstorm (Rav link), bought at Loop in Islington, London
Needles: 3.75 mm Addi Lace
Mods: None. 12 leaf stems as the pattern suggests
My Ravelry project page is here.
I encourage you to go browse the Ravelry project pages if you want to see the beauty of this shawl when unfolded - I didn't manage to capture a nice pic of that myself.

I'll be back for the third quarterly report of 2010! And the projects I've just shown you will be in it, seeing as I actually finished them in September...

ETA: That was 130 g =16 % added to the Sock Yarn O'Meter!

8 comments:

mooncalf said...

Both fabulous. Really gorgeous!

I look forward to the report

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to see this wonderful tunic all over the Internet and loving it more and more... You are adding to my new adoration of it! Well done, it looks great!

Ann said...

Lækker tunika!

Anonymous said...

Meget smuk sweaterkjole. Den ser vildt lækker ud.
Dit sjal ser også meget smukt ud.

Sig mig, er du for øvrigt i en blå fase for tiden ;)

Gitte said...

Super lækker tunika og meget fint tørklæde.

juicyknits said...

Congratulations! First, on your wedding (you are absolutely gorgeous in that picture!) and then on this great FO.

britt said...

Feeede projekter!! Tunika'en har jeg også spottet - nøøøjjj, hvor jeg godt gad eje sådan en - den er bare lige til at flytte ind i.
:-) Britt

Daria said...

gratulerer med vel overstått bryllup,så fine dere er:)og tunikaen er på min 2 do liste,men ikke i dag,din derimot ble kjempefin!!!