Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Three dresses
Although, I'm still knitting as good as every day, I've recently been obsessed with sewing rather than knitting. I've been sewing baby clothes for a few years, but recently I've taken up sewing for myself, aided by the skills I've leant at workshops with Nanna (How to do fashion) and Line (Marapytta) - both highly skilled ladies. I've sewn one rather fabulous dress for myself previously (not shown here), but now I'm finally beginning to get the grip on how to adjust the patterns to actually fit me!
The fabulously red dress I'm wearing here is my favourite of the three. It's made from Nanna's first pattern - No. 1 Dragør - using the techniques for adjusting patterns she has compiled on her website (all in Danish). There is already a second one of these in the making! The red and pink chevron fabric is a plain cotton from Riley Blake.
The next dress pattern - Judith - is made by Line. To the locals, I highly recommend attending her sewing school - and everybody else can gain inspiration from her website.
The fabric is Japanese - Itaya Naomi. I got it for my birthday two years ago and have been saving it for the right dress pattern. It was a bit too narrow for this pattern, but I adjusted it to make it work.
Finally, a pattern from the crafting magazine Alt om Håndarbejde. I adjusted the bodice quite heavily to make it fit, and though it's quite good, it could use just a bit more work. Anyway, the dress is nice - not least due to the blue leo fabric from Stofdepotet - it's a heavy cotton with a bit of stretch perfect for trousers and shorts, I'd say. At least the shorts I've sewn for the little one from the leftovers are rather nice!
So, that's what I've been doing lately! I still much prefer knitting - it's more meditative and relaxing than sewing - but sewing challenges me and my skills, and I can feel that exactly that part attracts me. That and all those beautiful fabrics out there.
I'll be back with more knitting later - after I've sewn a bit more... ;) If you want to see more of what I've been sewing, you can follow me on Instagram (@birgittezeuner) - I've been posting quite a bit of the recent work there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Very pretty dresses. Thanks for the recommendations, I need to check out the Dragør dress
Very pretty dresses. Thanks for the recommendations, I need to check out the Dragør dress
Smukke kjoler!
Gorgeous dresses! And they all look stunning on you.
Hvor er du god!!
Tusind tak, alle sammen! / Thank you! :)
Øj, det er godt nok flotte kjoler!
Du ser knaldgodt ud i dem alle! Jeg skal helt sikkert også lige kigge på den Dragør kjole!
Post a Comment