Friday, November 18, 2011

FOs for me (eventually)

Welcome to the third post in this sudden plethora of FOs. You have to believe me that these are FOs accumulated over more than a month - I just haven't gotten round to the photography part - and it seems that I'm the sort of knitter who finishes up a lot at once and then nothing for quite some time.
This third post includes knits for me - two very simple ones. No modelled shots since that would really be mockery of these otherwise nice FOs given my current body shape...


Pattern: My own doing inspired by Kim Hargreaves' Smoulder (Rav link).
Size: S
Yarn: Kid Silk Aura, colourway 758 Steel, 6 skeins - a bargain from Kemps - of which I used every single yarn (win!).
Needles: 4.5 mm and 8.0 mm (That's how you make this texture: one row with the smaller needle - one row with the larger needle. I felt quite ingenious when I came up with the idea of using my interchangeable KnitPros with the smaller needle at one end and the larger needle at the other, but then I guess I'm not the first to come up with this).
Link to my Ravelry project page: Here.


Pattern: My own - inspired by a much used silk top from Sonia Rykiel for H&M I'm the happy owner of.
Size: S
Yarn: Kalinka by Karin Öberg, 100% linen, 90 g. This wonderful, blue colour is sadly discontinued. I originally bought 3 skeins, then used two for by Buttercup and wanted to put that last skein to good use. It's the best linen yarn I've ever knitted with and highly recommendable. Here are some yarn links for you.
Needles: 5.0 mm.
Link to my Ravelry project page: Here.

5 comments:

juicyknits said...

Oh, that linen colour!

Lena said...

Huhej, her går det så stærkt at man ikke når at kommentere på de enkelte indlæg. Du får den bedst klædte baby! Barnevognskæden er genial og dragten og intarsiatrøjen er da kun til at blive glad af at se på. Håber vi får billeder med modellen indeni engang:-)
Og så er det rart med fint nyt strik til mor når hun igen kan passe almindelige størrelser!

GrenDesign said...

Fede projekter!! Den blå hør er bare fantastisk - sådan rigtig klar blå - me like!
Og den med en tynd og tyk pind på samme knitpro wire er smart - jeg har en gang gjort det ved glatstrik frem og tilbage - den ene pind 1/2 nr tyndere, for at kompensere for svagt forskellig strikkefasthed på retpinde og vrangpinde.
Smart at man kan de med de "topnøglesæt".

Anonymous said...

Dette bliver lige en samle-kommentar til de sidste mange poster (er lidt bagud) ;)
Sikke nogle skønne ting. Kan godt forstå, at du ikke prøver trøjerne i din nuværende form.
Er helt vild med alt babytøjet. Den dreng er heldig, og jeg hepper også på "fyldte" billeder, omend de måtte være lidt uskarpe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another fantastic post. Where else could anyone
get that type of info in such an ideal means of writing?

I've a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such info.


Also visit my web-site :: Slendera Garcinia Review