Thanks for the encouragement and concerns regarding my holiday startitis. I thought I'd just follow up on my progress.
The first week of my holidays, I actually worked mostly on a WIP - the Heart Flower Shawl - and cast on for Vitamin D on the side, as I also needed some knitting that required less attention, e.g. for the last 20 kms of the final stages of the Tour de France. I eventually ran out of yarn for the colourwork shawl; I couldn't bring all my >30 colours of highland wool with me on holiday, so when the pre-wound mixed balls ran out, I had to stop. I'm close to the point where I 'only' need to knit the edging, though.
I then carried on with Vitamin D, which was great for road trip knitting (quite a lot of that in the second week of holidays) and cast on for Karise to have an alternative knit when endless St st became too much. Two weeks after cast-on, Vitamin D is now blocked and ready for a photo shoot. Not bad, eh?
Finishing Vitamin D means casting on for another one of the holiday projects: Warriston. I've finished the first sleeve this afternoon - I most often start with the sleeves since I see it as an extra, large swatch for double-checking the tension on a larger, more correct scale - while reading the accompanying first issue of Textisles; a highly interesting read.
I cast on for Smoulder and Fayer right before we went on holiday, but haven't picked them up yet. No plans for casting on for Lida or Wisdom right away.
All in all, I'm quite pleased with myself and my discipline for focusing on a few projects at the time, though I have to say that all these are highly recommendable knits, which is probably the reason for my maintained attention.
3 comments:
Wauw - det lyder som en dejlig ferie 'strikkemæssigt'.
Pebbles er helt vild sød - skøn farve! Fortsat god ferie.
I'm very interested in how your Warriston will come out. I even went onto Ravelry and peaked at what yarns you're using. :)
Glæder mig til at se dit sjal! Det er med garanti helt vildt flot, og selvfølgelig fortjente du en umiddelbar opstartsbelønning ;)
Pebbles fra sidste post er alt alt for nuttet...
Post a Comment