Wednesday, July 06, 2011

FO: Happy Summer Clover

Here's the second knit that I started in May and finished this past Saturday: a more summery knit this time, which I very early named Happy Summer Clover because the colour combo made me think of summer. Even if it's made of wool (and alpaca and cashmere, but they classify as wool too...). It's already gotten a lot of nice comments over on Ravelry (thanks for those!) and now it's time to present it on the blog.


A lot the beauty - and the more interesting part - of this sweater lies in the hems and neck edging. The stitch pattern for the edging is really simple (knit sts only! some of them are slipped, though), but changing colours between the light main colour and the gradually changing contrast colours creates a great effect.


Pattern: Clover (for children) (Rav link) by Helga Isager/Amimono enlarged to my size. This pattern was originally created as an adult sweater, but the children's version is knitted on smaller needles at a finer tension and I liked that. I used the Granite pattern as a guideline (or rather, what I remembered off the top of my head from knitting Granite) since the construction is the same.
Yarn: Main colour: one strand of Isager Alpaca 2, offwhite, and one strand of light grey Cashmere 28/2 (wool/cashmere 90/10, 1400m/100g) from garnudsalg.dk. Contrast colours: Blackhill Højlandsuld from garnudsalg.dk in Asters, Slikkepind, Rosenknop, and Honning and Holst Garn Supersoft in Gladioli. Finished weight is 240 g.
Needles: 4.0 mm for the body, 3.0 mm for the edging.
Link to my Ravelry project page: here.

8 comments:

juicyknits said...

Once again: this looks lovely! And I was wondering if that was a slipped stitch section on the hems. So neat. Congrats on such a great FO!

Irene said...

Wauw! Den er flot Birgitte! Enkel og klassisk med det lille fine hulmønster og så alligevel lidt fræk med de farvede kanter:-)

Ulla said...

Den er superflot, en god ide at gøre den tyndere. Du må da snart have strikket dig igennem de fleste amimonomodeller?

Madam Munch said...

Meget flot kant, enkelt og med en touch af overraskelse.

Anonymous said...

Lovely jumper. I particularly like the cuff and hem colours :)

Anonymous said...

Wauw.... Hold da fast, hvor er den smuk og dejlig og flot og alt muligt!

Den store røde cardigan fra sidste indlæg var også lækker, men denne er bare helt fantastisk!

Lykke said...

Det er bare SÅ smuk! lækker,lækker kant!

Britt said...

Den er helt utrolig fin! Supersmuk til dig og både lidt rå og meget feminin på en gang. Me like!