Monday, March 28, 2011

FO: Vanilla

What's not to love?

This is my most recent FO: Vanilla from the Amimono Knit Collection 2010.



Although I like the subtlety of the original Isager Highland Wool colours (Thistle or Chiffon are my favourites) I chose the vibrant Gladioli colour from Holst Yarn - who carry the same beautiful colours as the Highland Wool, just in a slightly thinner (unwashed) version, btw.



Sorry for the poor modeled photos - despite daylight saving time it was almost dark when we got round to the photos. I think you can get an idea of the fit, though. 

I decided not to continue the (beloved) horizontal stitches all the way up the body, but to keep it more like on the sleeves. I like it that way. And I like the versions where the horizontal stitches go all the way up, too. I could use both versions.
Again, Helga Isager is brilliant - repeat: brilliant - at details. In this case the subtle horizontal stitch pattern and the buttonband pipings.

I also decided to add an extra 5 cm to the length. Again, I did see a short version today on Ravelry and thought this might not have been necessary, but I like it both ways.

Info:

Pattern: Vanilla by Amimono (link / Rav link), size S. 
Yarn: Holst Garn 100% Supersoft, Gladioli (link), 196 g (!). 
Needles: 3.0 mm.
Mods: Added 5 cm to the body length + larger spaces between buttonholes to account for this. Did not continue horizontal sts all the way up the body. 
Buttons are from 123knit.com
Link to my Ravelry page: here.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- what an absolutely perfect cardigan!

Lise said...

Super flot :) Og hvilken dejlig farve. Enig i at det er en fantastisk detalje med de horisontale masker. Jeg har endnu min første Helga Isager model til gode, men hvilken en skal man dog vælge...

Anonymous said...

Helt fantastisk flot og jeg er helt vild med farven.

Monstermønster said...

Virkelig flott! De horisontale maskene virkelig gjør denne cardiganen. Falt for Rosekjolen i samme hefte, den fristet mer og mer å starte på nå.

Lena said...

Den er så flot. Jeg har garn til min egen liggende (i netop Chiffon-farve) og nu frister den for alvor.

mooncalf said...

Oh that is brilliant. One of those knits where you want to have it immediately. I must try to track down this pattern. Fabulous!

Ulla said...

Superflot - den skal jeg vist have kigget nærmere på.

Helle said...

Uhh - har en brun, men nu bliver jeg måske nød til at have en i pink???!!!

Lise (fru Kvist) said...

Så smuk! Der så man lige Vanilla spurte op ad min to-do liste.

Unknown said...

this cardigan is beautiful! you've done a great job, and it suits you very well

Anonymous said...

Den er vildt smuk og farven er "to die for"... I klæder hinanden gør I så!!!

GrenDesign said...

Suuuuperflot, Birgitte!! Ligepræcist så smuk, som Vanilla er - og så i en helt utrolig lækker knald-farve!! Du må hellere strikke en mere - for du kommer da til at slide den op :-))))