I've only setup two goals for 2011 as far as knitting goes:
1. Have fun and be happy with what I knit
2. Use up more stash than I get in
For the #2 I thus need to know how much stash I have now at the beginning of the year in order to compare once December 31st 2011 arrives. I spent some time with the kitchen scales tonight, finding out exactly that. So, here it is:
12232 g of yarn!
of which ~1.7 kg is already knitted up in the lingering WIPs - this needs to be counted as well as it still qualifies as unknit yarn, seeing as the WIPs are indeed WIPs and not FOs. This means that I have a bit more than 10 kg lovely yarn in my stash! If I recall correctly, that's approx. 2-3 kg more than I had in 2008, my blog's childhood, which was the last time I kept track of stash going in and out as part of Stashalong.
Summing up, my goal is as follows: To have less than 12232 g of yarn on December 31st 2011!
It's not a yarn diet as such, seeing as yarn purchases are allowed as long as they are balanced out by actual knitting. That's a good thing since I have some more yarn coming from garnudsalg.dk any day now... Oh, and I already added 100 g to the stash today: Rasmilla's Luksusgarn. Mmmm. I'll keep a tally in the sidebar - let's call it Stashdown 2011!
And now off to dream about all those lovely knits that my wonderful stash can be turned into... :)
1 comment:
Wow!! that's a lot of stash.. maybe one day I'll take the scale and see what about my stash weight!
Post a Comment