Monday, May 03, 2010

Turning Trash'n into Fashion



That's the slogan of a little New Jersey-based Etsy shop - Seven Ply - selling incredibly cool jewelry hand-made from broken skateboards. I've never been a skateboarder myself, but I find the idea ingenious and incredibly cool, and dear boyfriend - although being a 'boring' chemical engineer - loves skateboards. What I like the most about skateboards in this case is the beautiful wooden effect created by their interior on the back of this neckpiece. Which might as well be the front cos it's completely reversible. You can see the front - which is what used to be the back of the skateboard with some cool black, white, and turquoise print - on the shop page here (it is of course now listed as sold since all pieces are unique). There are all sorts of necklaces, earrings, rings, cufflinks, and even buttons. Just in case you find the idea as cool as I do :)

1 comment:

Patricia said...

That is so weird. I just discovered that sight myself and called my 19 year old son, a skater, to admire the ecological genius. Although mostly for young women, he did see a belt buckle he loved.