Or rather, a cardigan and a vest (but I couldn't help it choosing this title...:)).
First up is Twinkle's Biker Vest from Big City Knits. The pattern is meant for the Twinkle Cruise Yarn, but I wanted it to be more like those small quilted vests that were in fashion earlier this year (and hopefully will be for another few months... ;)), so I adapted the pattern to the super bulky wool yarn and knit on Needles size 9.00 mm to get a dense fabric. My Ravelry project page is here.
Like most Kim Hargreaves' designs this is a really nice one too. Simple yet effective - and wearable. As you can see, I used four different buttons; I didn't have four similar ones of that size in my inherited button stash (yes, my grandmother's again), so I found it better to use four different ones of similar size and colour - a bit more fun to carry these buttons and their history around than heading off to buy four new ones.
And here's my Ravelry project page for Polly.
2 comments:
Again, love the tarn and the color. Hope you post a picture showing those bracelet sleeves!
Thank you :)
Post a Comment