Monday, March 09, 2009

What I'm knitting...

While I was at it (blogging, that is) I thought I might as well show you what I'm knitting at the moment (I shot photos for my Ravelry project pages on Saturday).

Sommer i Tokyo by Marianne Isager (Raveled here) - I did the sleeves first to swatch...; not the same colours as in the book, but I like these (the blue ones are Filcolana NZ Lambswool, the pink is Isager Tvinni, and the orange is Henrichsens Uldspinderi's own label):Kim Hargreaves' Ripple (with however long sleeves I can get with the Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk (colourway Guava) Peter brought me home from the states last summer); Raveled here:
AND - for the first time I've now got 2 sets of 2.25 mm double pointed needles (my favourite sock size) so that I can't knit 2 pairs of socks simultaneously! I bought KnitPicks Harmony dpns (15 cm) and I love them! The two pairs of socks are:

Komet in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock (colourway Firefly), Raveled here:
and Leyburn Socks in some Koigu colourway (you can see which on my Ravelry project page):
And for quite some time now (but I like the process) I've been knitting Woodland in 2 strands of Posh Yarn Eva 2 ply (silk/cashmere); Raveled here:
I also just cast on for a green project as green is the colour for Project Spectrum in March/April. You can see which on Ravelry. More later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imponerende! Og smukke ting. Specielt synes jeg din farveversion af Sommer i Tokyo er ultra-smuk. Den glæder jeg mig til at se færdig.
KH,
Britt

Anonymous said...

Wow what a production esp your sock projects. I love your Sommer i Tokyo. I have got tvinni tussah, purchased at 50 % off stashed for a version in my colors.

Birgitte said...

Mange tak - jeg strikker også (endelig) løs på Sommer i Tokyo! Måske den når at blive færdig til den rette årstid ;)

Patricia said...

Great progress and I love the bright colors. They are so cheerful!