Some weeks ago I entered a donation "contest" on Jenny's blog, donating a few dollars to her fundraising for the Arthritis Foundation Run/Walk to Milwaukee Irishfest. And you know what? I won the first prize!! And it wasn't just a prize... I got to choose 5 skeins (some of them were actually 2 skeins as you can see from the photo, but a "skein" corresponded to the amount going into a pair of socks - rather appropriate when the cause is a walk!) out of 22 skeins of beautiful, wonderful yarns! I had a hard time choosing, since there were so many lovely skeins, but I ended up choosing yarns in my favourite colours which were also yarns that are hard to get one's hands on here in Denmark. I apologize for the crappy photo shot with my mobile, but while it doesn't show the depth of the colours properly, the colours themselves are quite accurate. From left to right (links to company pages - links in brackets for Ravelry):
- J. Knits Superwash Me [Rav-link]- Socks, colour: Tampa
- the famous Wollmeise Sockenwolle 100% Superwash [Rav-link], colour: Drachenblut (if you don't know how hard it is to get your hands on Wollmeise, I'll just tell you: very hard!)
- Artyarns Ultramerino4 [Rav-link], colour: 138
- ShiBuiKnits Sock [Rav-link], colour: 4401
- Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Fingering [Rav-link], colour: Ocean Depth
Let's just say this is one of the most amazing prizes I've won in a long, long, long time! I feel so incredibly lucky! - and grateful to Jenny for setting up such a great contest. She did well with the fundraising as well, I can tell you. :)
--------
Info for Stashalong:
Stash enhancement: 572 (wonderful!) g
3 comments:
Congratulations, that looks like a yummy collection. Decided on patterns yet?
Lucky you!
that's a LOT of beautiful yarn!
Thank you :)
No, I haven't decided on any patterns. I'm also wondering - is 100% merino wool strong enough for socks meant to be worn with and without shoes? So far I've only knitted socks with 20-25% nylon / bamboo (in fact, the latter didn't last very long).
Post a Comment