288 g of stash used: 41 colours using 20 different yarns. This is a real stash-busting project. The pattern calls for a certain kind of yarn available in numerous colours (1-200 I believe). I, on the other hand, collected all by stash (especially bits and pieces) to get as many colours as possible, found the colour chart of the yarn used in the pattern on Google, and sat down and combined the colour numbers given in the pattern with my own yarn, making sure the amount were almost similar to what the pattern called for. My mother provided me with a green and an orange colour, since these colours are rare in my stash. I go for blues and reds instead.
I started the scarf more than a year ago (I do not quite remember when), but it has been a slow process: I've been knitting a stretch and then let it lie for months; you have to do loads of reading for this scarf - the pattern covers 12 pages, photos included - because something new happens all the: a colour change, stitch pattern change, or a new section starting. Finally I had to weave in loads of ends (I didn't like how weaving in as I went along looked) and knit a huge number of i-cords. Today I made buttons! The pattern said to use real buttons covered with knitted fabric, but since I don't have any and don't intend to buy any, I made my own soft, over-sized buttons. Photos of these will appear after blocking.
If you're up for a stash adventure, you should knit this scarf, but you'll have to have patience :)
Edit: I forgot to mention that the pattern - called Color on Color - is from Scarf Style and made by Kathryn Alexander.
Now with photos, above.
2 comments:
Det skjerfet er så nydelig! Jeg er utrolig imponert over at du faktisk har laget det ferdig, for det er jo et mareritt i forhold til antall tråder som skal festes. Jeg bøyer meg i støvet for den bragden!
Hilsen Tora.
Tusind tak, Tora :) Det er en god fornemmelse at være på den anden side af ende-hæftningen :)
Post a Comment