I spent the free day I earned from the Stashalong June KAL in KAL during my holidays in Göteborg. I bought 6 skeins (616 g) of worsted-weight Malabrigo in the marine colourway - mmmm, lovely!
(You have to trust me that the colour is lighter, brighter and deeper IRL!). As you can see, I've already knitted up 3 skeins. I'm knitting the Cowl Pullover from Knitting Nature - I have only the Cowl to go.
I also bougt 5 skeins (264 g) of Noro - 4 skeins of Kureyon in 2 different colourways, 2 each; and 1 skein of Silk Garden which I used for the Argosy scarf.
That is 880 g gained on the free day.
Furthermore, my lovely parents gifted me 900g of this lovely blue 100% wool (300m/100g) when we went to the wool-spinning mill (Henrichsens Uldspinderi) where they make it. Henrichsens Uldspinderi make high quality yarns in a large variety of colours, and if you go to the mill to buy it, it is even fairly cheap :)
I think I'll use this yarn for the Cabled Spiral Pullover from Knitting Nature (what? do you think that I knit from this book all the time?) - I'll have some leftovers then.
Total stash enhancement during the holidays: 1780 g
This is quite a lot, however, it is still less that I have used up during Stashalong (even including purchases I've made since I started Stashalong). No strikes gained in the Stashalong, since I used my free day - and gifts do not count as yarn bought in my stashalong... :)
4 comments:
I've been reading your blog for a bit and finally decided to quit lurking--seemed like the time when you posted so many great items! I like everything you did---it's amazing! I was wondering though where the pattern for the baby items are? Perhaps somewhere else on your blog, you tell us? If not, could you let me know--I would have to agree...they are one of the best I've seen! Again--some great projects!
Oh, I'm so pleased when ever I hear this! It's so nice that other people like to see what I knit just as I like to read their blogs! :)
The baby garments...:
The hat is from here: http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=b14&d_id=16&lang=en
The jacket is a model that has been around since my grandmother was a child, I think. I had this pattern from a magazine of Lanett wool (I think it's Norwegian), but I managed to find an almost similar (mine has one more row turn as you may be able to see from the photo) pattern for you here:
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=b14&d_id=27&lang=en
Happy to help,
Birgitte :)
Another lurker coming out: I'm Herdis and I've been visiting your site for a while now to read about your knits. I'm especially impressed with all the stuff that you are making from Knitting Nature. The book is, IMHO, absolutely great and I am looking forward to seeing your next project from it.
Hej... Virkelig flotte kreationer du får lavet. Din blog er meget inspirerende :-) Jeg har fulgt lidt med det sidste stykke tid og synes, det nogle fede designs du vælger.
Post a Comment